The beach of Apollonia Beach Resort & Spa is located within the Municipality of Malevizi, in the area of Amoudara. The beach is long and sandy, as its name suggests with fine brown sand, which extends in front of the homonymous settlement. It is a quite important tourist resort in the open gulf of Heraklion. Access to the hotel and to the beach is quite easy since the hotel is within the residential area of Amoudara. Access can be made either by bicycle or by foot, by public transport, by motorbike and by car.
Questionnaire / Fragebogen
Municipality of Malevizi
The Municipality of Malevizi is located on the northern coast of the prefecture of Heraklion and occupies a total area of 292,70 sq.km and constitutes 4,5% of the total area of Crete with a total population of 24,864 inhabitants. The Municipality evolves into one of the main housing estates of the Heraklion Town Planning Complex for main and secondary dwellings while as far as the productive activities of its inhabitants are concerned, purely rural activities coexist with craft and tourism.
Tourism is the first source of resource for the inhabitants due to the existence of a large number of hotel and tourist businesses. At the administrative boundaries of the Municipality there are 27 hotel units with a total of 8.333 and 187 units of apartments with a capacity of 4,469 beds. There are still 303 businesses directly related to tourism (tourist shops, restaurants, travel agencies, etc.). It is also noteworthy that 70.6% of the available beds in the area belong to hotel units A and B, i.e. the region attracts high-income tourists with the corresponding economic results.
Apart from the widespread form of family sea tourism, there is a particular development in the Municipality of Malevizi in conference and exhibition tourism, because of the availability of the appropriate infrastructure in the hotel complexes. Also, efforts are being made towards the development of thematic tourism (agrotourism, sport tourism and aquatic tourism) as well as environmental – natural tourism (Almyros Gorge and Wetland).
Characteristics of the Apollonia Beach
The beach of Apollonia Beach Resort & Spa is located within the Municipality of Malevizi, in the area of Amoudara. The beach is long and sandy, as its name suggests with fine brown sand, which extends in front of the homonymous settlement. It is a quite important tourist resort in the open gulf of Heraklion.
Access to the hotel and to the beach is quite easy since the hotel is within the residential area of Amoudara. Access can be made either by bicycle or by foot, by public transport, by motorbike and by car.
The ground has small slopes towards the beach
- From Heraklion International Airport about 15Km
- From Heraklion Port 9Km
- From the Historic Center of Heraklion (Lion Square) 8Km
- The lifeguard from the Municipality monitors the beach between, 01.06 to 31.08 from 10:30 to 17:30.
- For any complaints complete the special form at the entrance
- To help us increase the quality of the services provided please complete the relevant questionnaire which you can find at the reception or in our website www.costanostrum.org or by downloading the relevant application Costa Nostrum.
- The ashtrays, the beach chairs and the umbrellas are property of the beach management body.
- Only the guests – owners of valuable objects that may be lost, are responsible for the loss.
Hygiene and Safety, Environmental Protection and Cleanliness of the Beach
- You should always follow the advice of the lifeguards.
- Swim parallel to the coastline and if possible never alone.
- It is prohibited to block the lifeguard’s corridor and the range of vision of the lifeguard.
- The consumption of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
- It is prohibited to throw cigarettes into the sea or on the beach.
- It is prohibited to throw glass objects or packaging on the beach or into the sea.
- It is prohibited to throw any object on the beach or into the sea.
- It is prohibited to light a fire.
- It is prohibited to use shampoo at the showers.
- All your rubbish should be placed with your own responsibility into the special waste containers.
- It is prohibited to destroy any kind of vegetation.
- The beach staff has the right to remove from the beach persons who are in a drunken condition or under the influence of drugs or behave violently/improperly to other visitors.
- It is prohibited to take sand.
- In case of a person disappearance, you should immediately contact the beach manager.
- In case of a beach closure, please follow the instructions of the manager and lifeguards.
- In case of an accident, you should immediately inform the lifeguard and the beach manager.
- If a customer falls sick due to any possible cause, they are to immediately notify the beach manager, in order for all necessary measures to be taken.