– Protection of the environment and of the natural resources.
– Better waste management.
– Better management of special waste such as nappies and cigarette butts.
– Protection and Conservation of protected species such as Caretta – Caretta turtle.
– CO2 emissions reduction due to the use of public transport and bikes to access the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches.
– Increased number of visitors to the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches.
– Increased income for the managing entity of the Sustainable Beach. Creation of new jobs.
– Increase in other types of tourism such as ecotourism.
– Increased added value for the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach.
– Advertising and promotion of local – traditional products worldwide.
– Global advertising of the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach and the region through our website and our Mobile Application.
– Surplus value on land adjacent to less popular beaches which, upon certified as Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches will bring benefits for both the landowners and municipalities.
– Linking Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches with local businesses – craft industries and cooperatives producing traditional products.
– Connecting the visitor of a Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach with the mainland and its cultural identity with direct effect in the number of visitors to local – traditional businesses and other tourist attractions of the region.
– Direct economic effect in the region by the promotion of the quality – cultural characteristics of each area:
– Increased turnover for the nearby Tourism Businesses.
– Unemployment reduction.
– Increase of state revenues, through the collection of indirect and direct taxes.
– Increased satisfaction of bathers – visitors of the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches.
– Conservation and promotion of local culture.
– Better service quality.
– Increase and consolidate the egalitarian sentiment since specific social groups like disabled people, pregnant women and elderly people will have equal access to the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach.
– Better control of the businesses operating within the coastal area and the employees who work in them.
– Compliance with all the essential rules and law requirements verified by the annual audits which will be carried out as part of the standard.
– Increased security in the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach resulting from the information provided to the visitors – bathers on potential dangers and by hiring qualified personnel.
– Increased social cohesion.
Save the Blue Planet – Email Signature